RECRUITMENT APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS & INFORMATION
- Submit a completed DJ LE 330 form. Answer the three questions in the form as well. There is a link to download the form on this page.
- Submit your résumé along with the application and a cover letter.
- Submit a video of yourself answering the three, additional questions supplied by our department. You can answer the questions in one video or in three, separate videos.
The questions are:
1. What does “Community Policing” mean to you? How would you implement that on an everyday basis as a patrol officer with our department?
2. Our department’s guiding principles are: Compassion, Integrity, and Professionalism. Explain what each of those means to you as it would relate to a patrol officer position with our department.
3. What aspects of police work do you feel you would enjoy and be good at? What aspects of police work do you feel you would not enjoy or would struggle with?
- All files should be named with your last name (in all caps) then first name then “Application” or “video” for the appropriate files. Example: Susan Smith is submitting her video of the three questions – file name: SMITH Susan video. The completed application form would be: SMITH Susan Application.
- Submit these files using a cloud-based account such as Gmail or Dropbox. The account must be able to handle large file sizes such as the interview video questions.
- NOTE: Files / application materials that are not submitted electronically using the above process will not be considered any further.
- Submit the files electronically.
(link is posted above)
Application deadline is Friday, June 17, 2022 at 4:00PM CST.
Those applicants moving on will be invited to a one-day assessment center process.
The assessment center process will include the following:
1. Written test assessment.
2. FVMPD panel interview(s).
The assessment center process will take place in either Little Chute or Kimberly at a location to be determined. The date for the assessment is Saturday, June 25th, 2022. The process time varies but expect to be present for 4 to 6 hours. Applicants will be notified of the times as well.
Applicants moving on from this stage will be invited to an interview with the Chief of Police. We expect that this interview will be scheduled within a week to 10 days from the assessment center date.
Select applicants who are considered for further evaluation in the hiring process will be subject to a background check. The typical background check may include the following:
- Criminal history query
- Personal questionnaire.
- Employment history, verification, and references.
- Education verification.
- Social media query.
- Interviews of character references.
- Financial history.
- Residency history.
- Any other, applicable information.
Successful candidates will be invited to an interview before the Fox Valley Metro Joint Police Commission.
The role of the police commission is to approve finalist candidates to be placed on a hiring eligibility list. The Chief of Police has the privilege of picking finalists from this list.
CONDITIONAL OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT
The Chief of Police makes a conditional offer of employment to the selected finalist(s).
A conditional offer of employment requires that the finalist submit to and successfully pass the following:
- Physical ability test.
- Psychological examination.
- Physical health exam.
- Drug screening.
FINAL OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT
Once the requirements of the conditional offer of employment are met, the Chief of Police can make a final offer of employment.